Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lessons I am Learning

I was in the middle of posting a blog of what God is teaching me over the last month, and decided that it was too much for me to post and that I just did not want to admit the life lessons that I am LEARNING...so I was on yahoo.com and reading an article that was titled 10 reasons why you are not rich. Six months ago i would have read the article and laughed at the idea that THIS was the reason why I was not rich. i just needed a few more dollars and then I would be "rich"( I posted the article just in case anyone wanted to read it). Basically it sums up the lessons that I am learning through completing the Crown Financial book/study. Simple things in life like:
  • placing too much value on my car and not just using it for its actual designed purpose...go from point A to B.
  • Feeling a sense of entitlement to things that you have
  • allowing compound interest to work against you and not for you
  • thinking that you need things that you obviously DONT...think all of the "stuff" that fills your closet
  • living in too big of a house ( i dont, but I did want to for a VERY long time)
  • you dont take advantage of opprotunities

The BIGGEST thing that I am learning is that I am entitled to NOTHING! All I have is gifts in my life to be thankful for...I have salvation through Christ which when you think about it, is a gift enough to dwell on for a lifetime and think of how blessed I am. With and through all of this I am thankful for the lessons that I am learning and for the support and people who are loving through it all.

God has blessed me with so many things that I do not take advantage. I have an awesome husband who supports me with everything that I do, I am going through the Crown Financial study and learning how to apply the principals to my life. I have traded in my beautiful dream car Daisy that I worked so hard to get ( my red jetta) for a much more responsible and fiscally wise blue honda civic ( I have not named her yet).

1 comment:

Carlee said...

you are awesome. Lesson's learned are rough. Lessons NOT learned are much harder. You are most definitely in the lessons learned category, and still going.