Sunday, April 11, 2010

Umm...Seriously God ?

I have not blogged in what it seems like forever and am excited scared and almost in shock about the whirlwind God has brought both Scott and I through not only independently, but also together. I know I do not have blog followers, but I am compelled to write for Scott and I to remember....

Through the stations of the cross God convicted both of us that Angel Jeraldi that we sponsor through Compassion International is an actual child of ours. We provide for her financially and have committed to sponsoring her until we are no longer needed. Well I have moved three times since I have had her and then once we got married I have moved again twice and although we have diligently supported her financially, we have forgotten to support her in other ways too like writing her, reading her report cards, receiving her pictures and letters. We both after leaving thought wow, how bad have we been...she has turned into a "bill" to us, something that we pay for every month and forgot that she is "really" our child. So this week I am going to call Compassion, get current on my address and ask for an update on our little daughter.

So here I was thinking perfect God this is what you have for us...sigh of relief right...well APPARENTLY NOT...we both came to hope Sunday that two of the college grads at missio dei had planned thinking we are doing our part God, do not ask us to do anything more! Well God does not often listen to me or do as I want him to...and broke my heart through some of the statistics that were read through out the sermon. I was drawn and convicted of the passage in Deuteronomy, when Israel is told that WHEN they are going to be blessed that they also will have a responsibility to take care of orphans (which ever since I saw the movie Annie as a child, have ALWAYS had a soft spot in my heart), widows and aliens. Scott and I both left church with God laying the same thing on our hearts...get another child or family and sponsor them too...Assuring us both that HE will provide.

Why God did not stop there I am not too sure of right now, but my Scotty asks me if I would support him with a crazy idea. He wants to start a foundation to bring light to World Hunger through ice cream. The details of this will be another blog, but for sure one to come in the near future.

And we are not done yet! I planned on going to a church dinner on hunger tonight and Scott decided that he was pretty people drained and would not be coming, which I have learned is completely okay. Sean asked where Scott was tonight and I texted him and he totally had a tugging on his heart that he was to come to dinner...I was in pure shock when he told me he was on his way. We had a great dinner (again much longer blog on dinner later :) ) We watched a video called Hannah's story on an Orphanage in China. I was brought to tears at the reality that these sweet innocent children live in these conditions and thought...maybe we are suppose to adopt and not have kids of our own. Low and behold my husband and I are leaving and he calls me and says...hey I think that we are suppose to have kids through adoption and International adoption. I am needless to say in absolute shock, amazement, joy, thankfulness, and in anticipation to see where God takes the Rollins' in the near future.

Right now we are going to pray, dream and seek as to where God will lead us...Where you Lead us Lord WE will go!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! There are really no words to respond to this post! :)

Kimberlee said...

I agree with Johnny! I'm literally sitting here clapping my hands and shouting "woo hoo, i'm so excited!!!" I can't wait to see where God takes you in this!!!!!!!!!!

Cinders said...

wow, me too! thanks for being so vulnerable!

Anonymous said...

this is just awesome!! can't wait to pray with you both about this. going to start now on my own.