Monday, February 9, 2009

3rd times the charm

Carla and I have tried THREE different times ladies and gentleman to compete in the Camp Pendelton mud run together over the course of our wonderful friendship.

1st time: She was hurt in a jet ski accident (much longer blog for another day)
2nd time: her friend (that's me) was a flake and forgot to sign up with all of the hustle and bustle of life
3rd time: WOO HOO we did it! It was so much fun to go through and we did enjoy it. I made us cute camo tank tops with purple and pink puffy paint on them. We sort of ran most of it. We went to Walmart (at 5:15 in the morning) and bought a water proof camera to take to commemorate our journey. Here are a few of my favorites.
Scott was such a trooper and got up early with us in the morning and drove down with us to the mud run at 5:15 and then hung out. He watched us run through the starting line and came back to watch us finish. what was funny is the fact that covered in mud I asked some random marine if I could use his phone to call scott to find him. It was so cool. Scott was very supportive but drew the line at standing next to me and not giving me a hug when I was covered in mud. Yep, that's my hubby...isn't he GREAT!!
Carla and I had neither really been seriously working out which made running in the mud bowl more of a killer anyways. There is this KILLER hill, I think the marines call it the hill of hell. We both made it to the top after we ran through training grounds where there are bullet shells on the ground and such! It is a hill that goes up this ridiculous incline and well we made it to the TOP. That's all that MATTERS!
The funny part about the next to pictures is the story that goes with them. Carla and I were swimming through this icy cold lake and at the end we had some professional take our picture with their camera and then with our water proof one. I sort of am running up this muddy little incline and oops slip and fall flat on my face! LOL The camera took a picture of my shorts and then after that our camera was covered in mud! (we didnt realize it) and the rest of our adventures have a smear through them from the mud :( Sad day because there are so cool ones, I guess we just have to run it AGAIN!!! To check it our yourself go to: http://www.camppendletonraces.com/mud_sat.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)