Thursday, January 29, 2009

Grandkids and not one ounce of labor pains


So I have to say that since we bought our bearded dragons, I have wanted to write this post. Crazy huh? Our Jessie ( the female bearded dragon) got really fat about a month ago, then she stopped eating three days ago and then she started digging. All of this equaled out to her ready to lay eggs. It was pretty cool to watch her being only one year old know what to do. You could actually see the eggs through her little belly, it was cool. Scott and I went and got vermiculite a special soil for her. He put her in ( remember I don't touch her) and she went to town digging, digging some more. She had her cave collapse on her several times, but finally she made one that did not collapse. Scott put her back in the next day and she laid 24 eggs...that is so cool and super crazy all at the same time.

Now for one of the more amazing parts of the whole story...I went into a reptile store, walked past several snakes, and even stood at the counter where one was right next to me. I had to go pick up the incubator, calci drops, and two different types of her. All of those things are needed to help her little body recover from giving birth to 24 potential babies in three short hours. Boy and we woman thought that we had it bad...I am totally kidding and think that the process of having a child is a beautiful one designed by God. Speaking of God my husband looked at me after he excavated all of the eggs and said..."after something that amazing how can people say that we were not created by God? I watched her, something who had never done anything like this before complete all of her tasks like if she was a pro. She laid her eggs with no help and no mom to show her how to do it....amazing huh?"

In about 60 days we hopefully will have 24 little bearded dragons hatch...then in about 6 weeks they will be ready to be sold.

No comments: