Saturday, January 17, 2009

Life

Life has been crazy around here and I have learned that I seem to have this romanticized mind set that I can change the world...mainly change the way that 150 high school students see the world over the course of 10 months. It is funny to me to think that I go through this same mind set each and every year and become discouraged and wonder why students' do not care about their own education. My wonderful husband just laughs at me and tells me that you can only lead a camel to water; you can't make him drink. I struggle with that and then compare it to a shore covered in star fish that are going to die if someone does not toss them back into the ocean. I feel as an educator that I am called to be that person who throws the star fish back into the ocean. This has been a ton of rambling on and on for no real good reason other to say that I am an exhausted teacher who is throwing lifeless, almost dead, students back into their math books everyday. I love my job, do not get me wrong but sometimes I can have the most exhausting days when you just want to go to sleep in your room because then you don't have to waste any of your energy on driving, eating, showering or anything you can just save it all up for your students. I am laughing out loud at myself as I write this.

Again still rambling on to say that life teaching four days a week after school until four and on Saturdays from 8 to noon is very draining...oh yeah don't forget my wonderful one way 45 minute to an hour commute that is tossed in there. I am back though! I end CAHSEE prep in two weeks and my husband says that he would rather me not volunteer to teach one ever again because they are too hard on me: emotionally, physically, and they make me "sort of crabby".

There is a HUGE underlying blessing that I am going to write about later that God has really prepared this to be a source of provision for our family.

1 comment:

Carlee said...

I plan to post more pictures of your makeover and the story. Like you, it's been a bit busy!

You are a wonderful teacher. Keep it up!