Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jessie and Woody

You thought that I was kidding when I said I was back up and blogging didnt you? Well here I am to write the first of many blogs about the wonderful pets that i let my husband get...I got to help name them which is great and that is about where I end in the land of these pets. They are bearded dragons, I know what you are thinking, I am crazy...I am not! I love Scott so much and he and I agreed to buying these before we got married, it was actually on our goals list of things to do after we got married. Our premarritial counselor actually laughed out loud at us for putting it on our goals for after our wedding, but said hey it's your list. Scott has wanted these pets apparently since he was a young kid and was always told that he could not have them. So he and I talked and he showed me them in a pet store in our engaged days and I said of course that he could have them.The best part about these pets is that I do not have to do anything for them....accept maybe pick up some mustard or a carrot for them to eat once in a while.

Here is the story on how we got them...Scott recieved some money for his birthday and Christmas from his family to cover almost the whole cost of them so I said sure lets go get them. He spent one day on the phone calling various places to make sure that he got a deal and then we spent a whole day in the car driving all over the Inland Empire to find the "right ones". We did find the right ones that are about 9 months old and we were told that they are the newly wed bearded dragons because of how horny they are. I think how funny it is that they were called newly weds and well we ARE newlyweds. I agreed to them and we brought them home that night. These are really cool to watch and Scott likes holding them and playing with them. It is so cool when he lets them out and they run all over our living room floor ( yes we clean the floor after so no worries). Do not worry those of you who know me, I have NOT lost my mind...I sit with my feet under a blanket on the couch when they are out and I still have NOT touched them. I do not really have any intentions to either in the near future.
You can tell which one is Woody because he turns black when he is in the mood. He is normally black, more than she is...if Jessie turns black it is because Woody is already black.

No comments: