Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Introducing...Slinky

So I told you all a while back that I was going to be going back in time a little to catch you up. We officially have three bearded dragons...the newest one we named Slinky and got her for a killer deal from someone out in LA. Slinky and I have a funny story that involves the 10 Freeway, sunshine, jumping & Scott Flying over six lanes of traffic...keep reading:)
Scott found Slinky from a guy on Craig's List, he came with a tank, himself, food, crickets, lights, two food dishes, log, and he was only $75 which was a killer deal. We went out and picked her up and had a fun drive out there. On our way home I felt bad that there was SOOO much wonderful sunlight out and decided to open up the box that she was in to let her soak it all in. The story goes that Scott was driving and after about 25 minutes of her basking in the sun she decided that it was time for her to go to a spot with more sun. Now remember I do NOT TOUCH the bearded dragons and that Scott is driving. Slinky jumps out of the box and runs up on to the dash board of our car. I did SCREAM BLOODY MURDER for Scott to get her....later he said that I really scared him. While Scott is trying to fly across 6 lanes of traffic I am trying to climb in the back seat with the bearded dragon loose on the dash of our car. It seemed like FOREVER until Scott got Slinky and stuck her back in the box, but it was probably really only like 2 minutes. We made it home with no problem, but that was when the peace of Slinky ended. I have to go and will post later more about her and Scott & I playing VET

1 comment:

Carlee said...

Love that story--every time! you crack me up!