Friday, April 17, 2009

How did it wake 10 months to go 3 weeks?

I forgot to say that the time blog was merely a part 1 of many to come.

Sometimes it is hard to believe that Scott & I have been married for 10 months! :) It has been an amazing 10 months, but definitely several things have changed in my life over the short amount of time. I learned very quickly when Scott & I were on our honey moon that we are different. The differences that we have, I never had realized until we were married and let me add, I LOVE THE DIFFERENCES THAT WE DO HAVE!!!

The biggest differences came in how the two of us like to spend time on our vacation. The whole reason why I even bought the book 3 Weeks with my Brother was because I realized that we would have a lot of relaxing in the sun, hanging out by the pool, lounging in our hotel room, just sitting time. This time was really not my thing and I decided that to "survive" this time to just relax that I was going to NEED a book to read through. Little did I know how much I would enjoy that time and that God has been trying to teach me for A LONG TIME! He rested after creating the world, but yet in some crazy way I thought that I could live in my own strength and power WITH OUT REST :) I am minorly laughing out loud as I think about this.

Quick fast forward...I had Spring Break, read the book and had some more relaxing time to think about my own personal life and where it was at, where I want it to be and to think about the past.

First let me just say, I LOVE MY LIFE!!! There is only one minor thing in it that I would like to change and that is that I would love to live in Riverside closer to my friends and family. (Apparently God does not think that I am ready for that, since he has not sold the house yet, in His time, in His time)

Second I learned that when my life was planned into many different time slots, not a second "wasted," busy with out any free time, I thought that I really was in control of my schedule. BOY was I ALL wrong...and I didn't learn that until I finished reading 3 weeks. As I read through the book, I related with the author a little. He had a crazy, busy, hectic life; juggling the roles as a husband, son, brother, friend, and father...I have similar roles. Our personalities are similar: we would rather live off of coffee, get no sleep than to fail or let someone down. Now here comes the kicker for me. I learned that all of those things and not having God in complete control of them would result in a COMPLETE failure. A failure to everyone I love, care about and even to myself.

Lastly, I learned that my one goal that I had over Spring Break to create a regimented schedule where every minute of every day was accounted for was Crazy! I learned through reading this book (yes it took me 10 months, but I finished it) that when a person has such a crazy schedule like I wanted that I would end up being controlled by my schedule. I learned that instead of looking at every moment as a way to serve God that I would have a time slot for that, instead of being a loving wife all the time I would only have a time slot for Scott, being a sister would not be all the time, but only at a certain time, being a daughter, youth leader, teacher, etc. I think that you all are getting the point.

There are still things that I would love to "add" to my things that I do every day, but as for now I am going to integrate them in as they fit.

I love the fact that my husband has taught me a lesson that lots of people learned a long time ago...WE ALL NEED TIME TO RELAX :)

No comments: