Saturday, April 11, 2009

Plans...One day I will Learn

So as I sit on the eve's eve of my spring break coming to an end I am reminded of plans, no matter how well they are laid out, no matter what my intentions are that I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER how they come out.

One would think that after several years of going through the cycle of going to a break, ending up learning that I am allergic to something, going to the ER, coming home and recovering over my week instead of getting done what I had "planned to do"

The ironic thing about all of this is that this week I had planned to learn where my time goes and then how to micromanage it more to become more efficient with the time that I have each week. Well I did not actually get to do that...what I did instead was:

Sunday: Went to ER because I was bit by something and had an allergic reaction, got Benadryl through an IV, got Tagament in an IV, got a breathing treatment through pure oxygen, and got home at 2am

Monday: My wonderful husband took great care of me, setting his alarm for every four hours to give me benadryl and hook me up on a breathing treatment at home...OH YEA I slept all day

Tuesday: I got up walked around, ate breakfast and took a long nap, woke up ate lunch, took another nap, lastly got up read a little, ate dinner, and went to sleep

Wednesday: Watched Scott take his midterm, read, went to youth group, came home and slept\

Thursday: Read,helped Carlee paint her room

Friday: Finished reading the book "Three Weeks with my Brother" By Nicholas Sparks

Saturday: Eggliminate from 7:30-3, hung out with youth at the Russell's, came home

...Plans are only that...PLANS...they do not necessarily get done the way I want them or think that they should be done....

LESSON LEARNED: I do not get to make the plans, God does !!!

2 comments:

Carlee said...

Hmm..I keep trying to learn that one but it just has not happened yet.

Michael said...

Hey, I am reading Three Weeks with My Brother right now too!
Briana