Monday, May 25, 2009

Blessing Monday

I have been so deeply encouraged by a family at my church who is going through a rough time with their treasure from heaven who was recently diagnosed with spina bifida. I read their blog and tears welled up in my eyes as I read all of the blessings that God has given them. I have decided that I am going to take Mondays and blog about my blessings, no matter how big or how small. One day I figure out how to make a cute little logo for it, but for now here I go...
  • I am blessed to be married to a man who takes care of me, so when I called him sicker than a dog at Joshua tree, he stopped what he was doing and came out to get me and took care of me.
  • I am blessed to be apart of an amazing youth group that when I was "ready" to rock climb they were so right there to encourage me.
  • I am blessed to have an amazing mom who encourages me in my marriage and life without even knowing it.
  • I am blessed to have a great dad who on his prep ran to the kaiser & Starbucks to bring me benadryl and coffee to help with my allergic reaction.
  • I am blessed to have friends old ones and new ones to love me, encourage me, and support me in the things that I do.
  • I am so blessed to have a day off from work, to honor those who have died for our country.


2 comments:

Carlee said...

Yay! And you made it to the top--and back down! I love your blessings, it's so good to think through all the ways God has blessed us.

The Kilgore's said...

Thanks for your Monday blessing. It helps keep life in perspective. There are so many things that are great and good in life even when going through trials.
Thanks for your prayers.