Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kick Count

One of the things that I look forward to every doctor's appointment is hearing our baby's heart beat.  My midwife was so sweet when she was using the Doppler...she said OH MY...You do not have any problem doing a kick count each day.  I told her know that I feel the baby move all the time.  She commented that our baby is so active and has a strong heart beat (which has been try all pregnancy).  She told me that sometimes women are so busy in life that they do not take time to know their baby's movement patterns.  I am grateful and blessed that my husband has helped teach me over the last 4 years of marriage that slowing down in life is good to enjoy the blessings that God has in store for me each day.  Glad that I am not too busy to be tuned in with the blessing that is growing inside of me.

Our kiddos pattern:

Kicks on my bladder about 10 minutes after I have wake up in the morning (regardless of what time that is).  In about 30 minutes after that our baby flips until I eat breakfast.  Then for the next hour or so there are consistent movements until 10.  At this time is nap time for our baby.  This nap normally is until about noon when our kiddo flips until I eat lunch, then comes tag back and forth on the sides of my stomach until 2.  The baby naps again until about 4ish.  The baby moves depending on my activity level (lots of stuff = lots of movement, relaxed = very little movements), until about 8.  Then a quick cat nap until 9:30...that is when our kiddo has a last minute burst of energy to get rid of before I go to bed.  The baby is so on time, I most of the time do not even look at a clock, but know that it is 9:30 because of the babies movements.  Then 10 hits and it is mommy's bedtime.  I continue to sleep peacefully through the night and RARELY wake up (less than 7 times all pregnancy have I gotten up in the middle of the night :).  Scott tells me that the baby moves during the night because when he wakes up in the middle of the night he always places his hand on my belly to feel our little one.

No comments: