Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rumor Has It...

At Easter my cousin told me that I was the topic of conversation with several students on campus.  They continuously were asking him if I was pregnant or not.  It was mainly my 6th period who saw me leave with excitement for a doctor's appointment that my husband was picking me up for.  I had not been sick at all really so they had a hunch.  After spring break I kept one of my students after class and asked her about the questioning of my cousin.  She was very embarrassed, but excited at the same time to know the truth.  She asked me and I told her yes.  That is pretty much where the Mrs. Rollins is pregnant stopped for the next two weeks (or so I thought).  I told my TA and he was so excited and shocked at the same time.  Three days later two students approached me at the end of 4th and asked why I was eating so much in class.  They then asked if the rumor was true...It was fun turning it back on them and I responded what rumor?!?!? One student finally asked if I was pregnant or not.  I told them yes and their classmates who were lingering after the bell all cheered.  The next day a student came in and told me that her sister told her and congrats.  Then the class all started whispering and they all cheered and said congrats.  That day the rest of my 6th period asked and then the argument of who "knew" first began between all of the classes.  My 6th period claims to know first because I told them about my doctor's appointment.  Last to know was my block class...they had the most questions and reactions of all my classes.  My students asked questions for about 40 minutes until their curiosity was satisfied.  Now all of my students knew and it was a matter of time before others knew.  The rumor wheel went around AHS from mid April until the end of the school year.  Former students would come in for "tutoring" just to chat and ask how life was and then ask if I was pregnant or not.  They then would say congrats and asked how I was feeling.  Most students were quiet irritated that we were not going to find out the sex of the baby.

No comments: