Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pregnancy beginnings

So now that I am two-thirds of the way through the pregnancy I now have the desire to write about my experience. 

Surprise was my first reaction! I officially went off birth control on January 9th, 2012.  After many long conversations with Scotty about timing and thinking about starting a family.  We got confirmation from the doctors that neither of us were on medications that would impact fetal development or deformities.  Which gave us the go ahead.  But, I was too late.  YEP!! By that time God had already orchestrated his plan in our lives and allowed me to get pregnant while on birth control (just like my mommy).  It is amazing that some will think that something can "work" for three years and then stop all of a sudden.  I know that this child was planned in God's perfect timing. 

Learning that I was pregnant was not hard at all.  My favorite drink coffee soon became something that made me ill.  I wanted to vomit at the smell, thought, and taste of coffee.  Again this was a total God thing.  My husband and I were afraid of how my coffee withdraws would impact our daily lives.  Prior to this I never really went without coffee unless for medical purposes.  Within the first few days of being pregnant my body started to REJECT coffee.  Keeping it a secret that I was possibly pregnant went out the door with the rejection of coffee.  The countdown began with close family and friends to confirm all of our hunches that I was pregnant.

FINALLY time came that I would take the test to determine whether or not I would pass...I did pass the test! There was no emotional cry, break down, or over joyous reaction from Scott or me.  We both just confirmed in our heads what we had known in our hearts for a few weeks.  We called both our parents, siblings and told them in different unique ways that I was pregnant (BUT AGAIN not too many shocked reactions because the coffee rejection).  Our moms wasted no time to buy a yellow ducky outfit that would look darling on their new grandbaby!  We then decided that we would only tell the close friends at work who knew about the coffee rejection and had their hunches too! Scott was a beaming dad who was so excited about our new blessing that he had to tell Sean and Debs, but were told to keep it on the low.  

No comments: