Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Problem...might be TMI

Three days later (after my mom went to the doctor's with me), I thought that possibly something was wrong I leaked out some fluid and began freaking out.  The Internet is a blessing and a curse because there is so much information out there.  After stressing out for a while I decided to call Kaiser's advice nurse.  I talked to the nurse was told to change my clothes and wait an hour.  I called Scott and told him and he came home.  (I laid in bed, prayed, cried, and poured out my heart to God...while listening to praise and worship songs starring at a past sonogram)  After the second longest hour of our lives past there was nothing so we decided not to go in and wait until the morning.  BUT, when I woke up there was still more fluid.  I called back and she told me that I was probably fine, but since I was a first time mom that if I wanted to come in and put my mind at ease that it was fine with them.  Scott and I tried to put our minds at ease, BUT just could not...We decided that after going to birthday donuts for my dad that we would go in.  We told my parents what was going on and I was slightly relieved when my mom suggested going in too.  Better to be safe than sorry! We FINALLY got into Kaiser and went to Labor and Delivery.  The nurse who greeted us...took our info.  Then were put in a room, I put on a gown and then waited.  Eventually a nurse came in and told me what they would do to figure out what the fluid was that was coming out.  The put on a baby monitor and blood pressure cuff on me.  My blood pressure was high (no kidding the stress of worrying about our baby was intense).  Hearing the babies heartbeat was music to ours ears and brought peace to our hearts!  The nurses came in all excited to see us and say are we ready to have a baby today...we would tell them how far along I was and they nicely said "Oh no we don't want to meet your baby yet!"  We were monitored for an hour and then they ran test on us.  They concluded that the baby is pushing on my bladder and squeezing out pee.  That was the fluid I felt...(SUCH RELIEF FOR BOTH OF US!!!!!!)






No comments: